Monday, June 29, 2009

Summer Whirlwind - Catching Up With Y'all (part one)

Man, I wish I could do this right about now! This would be Gray, doing what he does best, napping during a lovely BBQ at our friend's lake home in CT.

I don't even know where to begin to try to catch up with what has been going on in our Stamford household lately. Unfortunately, this might get a bit boring for those non-family readers, but I'm going to give you a little glimpse of my life during the past couple weeks.


The gardens at the lakehouse were just gorgeous. I was being a total garden nerd walking around snapping photos of all of the beauty. I wish I was a better photographer. Ugh.


I can't wait to show off this photo to the boys when they are teenagers. I know Gray is going to hate those pants I put him in! Bwahaha. When else am I going to be able to dress my little boy in silly clothes like this but when he's three months old.


Our dear friends visited us for a few days from Chicago and brought their adorable 5 month old son, Owen. It was so much fun having two babies in the house. Not to mention, having another new mom to gab with. I think we sat in our living room, ooh-ing and aah-ing over our two little boys, for hours. Who else can you do that with than another new mom, right?

We did our fair share of siteseeing. I loved being a tourist in my own town! It forced me to finally discover all of the fantastic places that are right around the corner. Greenwich Point (aka: Tod's Point), pictured above, is just minutes from our home and I had never been there before. What a mistake! It's a beautiful park/nature preserve peninsula on the Sound with a fab beach and beautiful walking paths. We also made sure to visit NYC with a trip to Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty (with babies in tow!). I was too busy trying to navigate the ferries and a crying baby to snap any photos of that day. I don't know how NYC moms do it!?

Since I'm slightly ADHD, I'm going to have to split this post up into a "part two"...

4 comments:

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Oh looks like you've been having lots of fun. How cute is Gray!

I love the pants. On our close friends just had a baby boy a couple of weeks ago and I had to buy him some madras pants and of course a hat to match!

Yansy said...

Wow, it looks like you are having a great time. Enjoy your little one, I hear time flies. Loving the pants

Freckles Chick said...

Those are some fashionable boys!! Could you/they give Mr. FC some tips on how to dress? =]

What a gorgeous place!

Suzie said...

HaHa! I love those pants!