Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My No Sew Faux

{I swear my little faux shade isn't crooked in person. It does look a little off in the photo though}

Here is my latest addition to my master bathroom. I'm all about instant gratification so I just couldn't deal with ordering a custom roman shade for this room. With just one yard of fabric, a staple gun, a leftover piece of crown moulding and some pins, I made this little faux roman shade.

I had pondered getting rid of the oh-so-ugly-yet-functional mini blinds, but I actually really liked having mini blinds in this room. When the blinds are pulled up (which is most of the day) they tuck nicely behind my no sew faux! It still needs some tweeking, but I'd say it's not too shabby for about a half hour's worth of time.

Don't you love this time of year? My neighbor has the most gorgeous peonies blooming right now (and shares them with me!). I wish they would last all summer long.

6 comments:

Hello Lover... said...

I need a neighbor with peonies. that shares. Your shades look great - love the fabric!

Welcome said...

Love your blog - just stumbled on it - buts its au chic..

XOXOX
Kiki

Erica Cook said...

uh.... gorgeous and brilliant! high fives! xo Erica

Lynett said...

Not shabby at all...Loving it T! And BTW, Grayson is soooo gorgeous!

Suzie said...

I love it!

Freckles Chick said...

Now THIS is my kind of sewing project. Heh! It looks tailor-made and the fabric is PERFECTION in this space. I wouldn't change a thing!