Friday, December 5, 2008

House Progress - Living Room

Our living room is official complete (actually, I should say that I'm done buying furniture, but I still need to tweak some things).

The slipper chairs arrived and I'm in LOVE with the faux bois printed linen! The nailheads are antiqued bronze and I have to say they look lovely. Too bad the chair isn't one bit comfortable. LOL. That's what I get for not trying it out in person. Oh well, they look pretty and that's all that matters, right?

I also decided to recover - technically, I should say "uncover" one layer of fabric - these Hepplewhite style chairs that previously had a gold silk damask seat. I tend to be lazy with my DIY reupholstering jobs and just go directly over the old fabric with the new one. I'm glad I did that in this case because I had this pretty aqua silk velvet underneath!

Everything else looks like it did in this post. I'm going to start decoring for the holidays this weekend and I can't wait!

2 comments:

Mrs. Limestone said...

Love the aqua velvet! Thats a find.

Suzie said...

Love the chairs in the blue fabric AND love the nail head slipper chairs. They're so pretty, they need not be comfortable! ;)