Thursday, June 12, 2008

Taking Baby Steps

I've been a busy little bee this week trying to order new furniture for our house. Sounds like fun, right? Well, after dealing with numerous less-than-helpful sales people telling me that I won't be getting my furniture until August or September (!), I've just about had it. I'm ready to call it a day and just live with our old "hand-me-downs" and furniture from Target.

However, I DID make some progress. This is the family room (with the previous owners stuff).


This is the new rug from West Elm that I've ordered to go in there. I decided to go mega inexpensive since I wanted a 9'x12'. For $199 plus shipping, it was a no-brainer!

This is the sleeper sofa from Mitchell Gold that I decided on using in the family room as an extra place for guests to stay. There is a full bathroom right off this room, so it's perfect. The "Alexa" was Mitchell Gold's least expensive sleeper, but it seemed to be decent quality. I'm going to cross my fingers that it's comfortable to sleep on. I apologize ahead of time to my mom who will have the aching back if it's not. Sorry Mom.

We will be getting the queen sized sleeper (I think the full is pictured) in a light taupe linen slipcover. Now, I just have to wait the standard 8 to 10 weeks for delivery. Bummer.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great deal on the rug, T!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just found your blog and I was wondering if you have the rug yet or not. I'm looking at buying it also and wanted to know how you liked it. We want to put it in our bedroom over carpet for now and was wondering if the weight of the bed would break the natural fibers of the rug over the soft carpet. Have you had any "breaks" yet? Do they hurt to walk on? Thanks so much!