Monday, April 28, 2008

The Partay Was Fabulous

If I do say so myself. Everyone left with full tummies and a bit tipsy. I did wake up the next day with a raging hangover which I didn't really shake off completely until today. Ooooooooh.

I really think the yummy chocolatinis that the hubs made at about 1:00 a.m. were the culprits. Boy, were those bad boys delish!


The camera didn't appear until late in the evening when we were all a bit "happy".
Besides the Chocolatinis, the crab cakes were the next big hit. I found the recipe somewhere on the internet a while ago and have been waiting for an opportunity to make them.

I thought I'd share the recipe with you!

Mini Crab Cakes

Ingredients:
1 lb lump crab meat
2 cups Japanese bread crumbs (Panko)
2 eggs, well beaten
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoons parsley, minced
1/4 cup scallions, chopped
1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
1/2 cup mayonnaise
Place crab meat in a mixing bowl along with 1 1/2 cups of the bread crumbs, the eggs, mustard, and other remaining ingredients. Mix gently, leaving the crab lumps as large as possible. Shape the mixture in little patties (mine were about an inch and a half in diameter). Coat each patty with some of the remaining bread crumbs. Chill for at least 1 hour before cooking. Heat 1/4 cup of cooking oil over medium heat. Saute each cake 2 to 2 1/2 minutes per side in the oil.
Remoulade Sauce
Ingredients:
2/3 cup mayonnaise (I used low fat)
2 scallions, white and green parts chopped
2 tablespoons finely minced flat-leaf parsley
2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons drained white horseradish
4 tablespoons whole grain mustard
1 tablespoon ketchup
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon sweet paprika
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Tobasco to taste
In a small bowl. whisk all the ingredients together and refrigerate until ready to serve.

3 comments:

Suzie said...

Everyone looks like they were having a fantastic time. I LOVE me some crab cakes! Thanks!

Mrs. Limestone said...

Looks like everyone was having a fab time. You are making me hungry.

Freckles Chick said...

You party animals! I love that purple dress!