Monday, September 27, 2010

Where I Shop {Antiques & Artisan Center}

{a beautiful peacock (?) in one the vignettes at the Antiques and Artisan Center}

I hope you all had a great weekend. Mine consisted of housework and client work (WAY more fun than housework). I love shopping for clients because I get peruse all of my favorite haunts for goodies. Today I visited my favorite antiques store the Antiques And Artisan Center here in Stamford in search of some vintage pieces for a living room I'm currently working on. It's a massive building housing seemingly endless vignettes of antique and vintage furniture, accessories, lighting, housewares, even fashion (I spotted a vintage Hermes Birkin there today) and art. I thought I'd share just a small glimpse of all the goodies you can find there.

Here you can see the peacock resting on top of a gorgeous mirrored console.

This pair of mid century black chests certainly caught my eye.

As did this pair of lucite tables!

This vignette has an eclectic mix...lovin' that nail head trim.

I feel in love with these chairs in the style of Frances Elkins (I believe there were 8!)

A full set of vintage lime green Baccarat stemware.

1930's French lucite and brass table. They have an enormous selection of lucite pieces throughout the store.

A white Chinese Chippendale dining set.



More pretty stemware (love the tray too).

I spotted this wheat sheaf coffee table (for a really great price!). I'm surprised someone hasn't snagged this pretty table up. Good thing, because it's a contender for one of my clients.

So is this black mid-century chest of drawers.

I'm also a sucker for a nice bust.

More fabulous lucite, this time a bar cart.

So if you're in the neighborhood, you should make a stop by the Antiques and Artisan Center and you'll lose track of the time and hopefully leave with something pretty.

9 comments:

Fran said...

I'll have to check it out!! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Great finds, but looove that peacock!

E+J

Save the Date for Cupcakes said...

Those nail head trim chairs are to die for~ well, all of them really! Awesome finds!

Alissa said...

This sounds interesting to check out. Have you ever been to the English Market shop in New Haven? It's not as big or nice, but might be interesting to you!

Anonymous said...

i LOVE this place. Used to go all the time when I lived down there. I need to make another trip soon!

Unknown said...

I keep meaning to go ---- you've convinced me I need to do it pronto!

Wholesale Flooring Distributors said...

Wow! those are some unique and beautiful pieces. Especially liked the wheat sheaf coffee table, hope you where able to get it for your client ;) I will have to check out that store this weekend. Thanks for sharing!

Living Livelier said...

Seriously?! How do I not know about this place? I worked in Greenwich for 4 years! How are the prices, the inventory looks stunning!
Deb

Hamptontoes said...

I will be in Stamford this week to visit the showhouse...I'm wondering if I can squeeze a quick visit into this shop before the showhouse?